SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Is reductionism an expression of the ego mind?  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Johnwdcooper

Is reductionism an expression of the ego mind?
« on: July 02, 2016, 06:58:15 PM »
Ive been doing a little reading into reductionism /materialism and This is the prevalent patadigm where are in in the world. In terms of health, science, psychology etc

Based upon what I heard joe talk about: does the reductionist perspective emerge as a symptom of  fear/pain. The more in fear we are the more we see things as the separate objects/components.

Could we also say materialism and reductionism emerge as an expression of the ego mind.

Perhaps our world paradigms are in place because the collective consciousness is beginning it's shadow/painbody healing. And that's why we see glimpses of quantum/dynamic  understandings coming through. But also the ego had been in control for so long that it expresses as our societal materialistic paradigms

Offline random934032

Re: Is reductionism an expression of the ego mind?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 08:56:20 PM »
It's probably at least partly due to this tbh. A lot of those super reductionist scientific people also seem to be the same ones who are stressed out, or at least that's what I've noticed lol. I think there needs to be a fine balance between open-mindedness and scepticism.

Wouldn't say it's necessarily ego-driven, though. Not all of them are going to be like that. We're just conditioned to believe the world is an objective, physical reality because that's the prevailing paradigm. A lot of people are also sceptical of religion (fair enough), so they think anything that's not scientific materialism must be nonsense. These kinds of people also typically haven't had any mystical-type experiences, so they're not open to it, and the observer effect means what you look for is what you get so they never experience it (a self-fulfilling prophecy).