SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Making your mind matter  (Read 47482 times)

Offline purplemoonshine

Making your mind matter
« on: September 26, 2015, 01:12:05 AM »
I know this has been asked actually already, but no one responded. I am hoping someone will  ;D

Does anyone have any experience of the online course (Hay House) of Joe Dispenza's 'Making your mind matter'?

Any thoughts from the administrators?

It looks like an excellent course and some of us do indeed require the extra motivation to really change our minds and find the inner divine.

Offline mmarigold

Re: Making your mind matter
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 10:48:56 AM »
I purchased it, but unfortunately am having quite a few difficulties working with it. There is great material presented in it, including the video (which I believe is the precursor to attending a progressive) broken down in subject matter, and then an additional recording. For the first week, there is also workshop notes, the water meditation and body parts. Problem is there is no instruction as to what to do first, what to do on a daily basis, i.e. no clear course outline, so you are left wondering what you are supposed to be doing.  I chatted with Hay House, I also had them call me, but they were unable to offer much support, just repeating "there are several components to the video". They suggested I read and watch and listen to everything and then send them a summary of what is missing in terms of instruction! Would love if the Dispenza Administrators could respond, and ideally, that each week come with instructions for the students as to what to do with the material, otherwise it seems like Hay House has taken the best from Joe and lumped it altogether, but done little else.  I really don't meant to rubbish it, but Hay House needs to give it some type of structure and then it can be really good as all the material is there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:48:29 PM by mmarigold »

Offline purplemoonshine

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
Oh  :'( That is not good. I was so looking forward to it. Thank you mmarigold. I can see what has happened. Such a shame. That looks suspiciously like a money making endeavour. The administrators really should comment I believe. Kind of puts Dr Joe in a poor light really, even if it is Hay House.

Offline mmarigold

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 01:52:25 PM »
I feel terrible describing it as such, as his material is of very high quality usually, but at the very minimum Hay House needs to needs a course outline/agenda, particularly given the cost for non-Americans.

Offline Peaceseeker

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 06:15:31 PM »
I don't know about this particular online course but I can say that I read the Breaking the Habit Book  And,  in addition to being very informative throughout the book, the end details a week by week progression on how to move from knowledge to action.   My guess, and my experience from attending one of the workshops, is that Dr. Joe follows the same basic format for those "starting out."  Also, in hearing Dr. Joe speak about how work has evolved I came to understand that he never planned this whole phenomenon taking off like this.  You might say the universe surprised him by how much and how quickly his work has affected people.  So, therefore, I think he and his "people" are doing the best they can to keep up with the blossoming demand for his work on different platforms (books, books on tape, different translations, online courses, etc).  I don't know this for sure but I get that sense.  I don't know if this helps but I thought I would offer my two cents...

Offline purplemoonshine

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 10:33:56 PM »
Hmmm, I don't know.
This isn't a criticism of the materials though.
Online courses are often like this and the cynic in me thinks it is a further way to make money.
I've often thought that if someone really wanted to make a difference, why not impart it for free?
But now I'm dreaming, aren't I?!
(It's just I would, you see...)
And others have.
Ever researched The Peace Pilgrim? An amazing woman who just seemed to exude joy.
It's interesting that the administrators have not left a comment though...

Offline mmarigold

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 06:57:48 AM »
Yes, I understand Peaceseeker. In any case, if I have a problem, I try to come up with a solution, so will summarise and make some suggestions to Hay House as they requested.

Offline Peaceseeker

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 08:05:33 AM »

Hello to both mmarigold and purplemoonshine

To marigold I was not suggesting NOT to impart your suggestions.  I was merely trying to give a possibility (among many) that the online issue was occurring. 

To purplemoonshine, have you ever read Conversations with God?  I have found it to be an excellent reinforcement of Dr. Joe's findings/teachings.  I TOTALLY understand the "cynic in you."  I grapple with this as well.  Here is where I am playing with my beliefs in the area you brought up....Money is not bad, making money is not bad, etc etc.  Is merely our interpretation and conditioning of the money issue and perhaps why we (I do this too) see the negativity in an occurrence like this online snafu.  I might feel the same if it were an issue that were impacting me.

I was trying to give some idea how to use the online course (the book) and why something like this might happen. 

If my response does not apply then it will go back into the field of possibility to be used in another situation or transmuted into something else that someone else can use.

Cheers!

Offline mmarigold

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 09:20:02 AM »
Hi Peacemaker, yes I understood completely :-) Thanks

Offline penzput

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 05:23:28 PM »
I agree in that the course is not really - so far - taking us by the hand & teaching us in a step-by-step method that I think Joe prefers.  I'm listening to his tele-class right now - first one associated with the course, and so far I hear lots of people asking about the meditations. One student asked where the meditations were & what he was supposed to do after he'd listened to the week's videos. Dr. Joe mentioned a meditation - I believe on this web site - but I couldn't find it.

The Making Your Mind Matter course has a Bonus tab that lists 2 meditations you can listen to but so far in Lesson 1 and Lesson 2 we have not been instructed to listen to them or how we are to listen to them.
For instance: listen when (AM/PM?), with or w/o headphones, sitting or lying down, what happens if you fall asleep, etc.

FAQ doesn't cover any of this.

I was not able to get thru to ask questions on the tele-class right now, so I guess my next step is to call Hay House with my question in hopes they know the answers or have the resources to find out directly from Joe or his staff. I do know that both Joe & Hay House have the intention that we learn a lot & grow from this course, so I think they will be interested in our questions and feedback on the course so far.

Thanks Peaceseeker for mentioning that there is a step-by-step section in the Breaking the Habit book. I bought the Kindle version & will read the book along with watching the videos from this course.

Offline penzput

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 08:59:29 AM »
OK, I called Hay House and asked some questions about the Making Your Mind Matter course and pretty much got no answers.  She was very polite and took down my suggestions though. She said she would give them to her manager and hoped they would then get to Louise Hay and Dr. Joe.

I suggested that:
  • Instructions on how to use the course and meditation audios be provided
  • An assignment/homework be provided at the end of each lesson to practice the main point we should have gotten for that lesson. After-all, we have a whole week for each lesson.
  • That a forum for the course be provided where we can discuss the results of our homework with fellow classmates of the course.
  • A way to ask Dr. Joe questions - other than the live Q&A call. I was not able to get thru on the Q&A call and my guess is that there are more questions than time permitting on these calls. I would think if Dr. Joe was serious about this course then he'd have staff allotted to handle questions from the course.

My next step would have been to call a contact number from Dr. Joe's site, but there is none listed. And it says if you have a question for Dr. Joe that you need to sign up for his monthly teleclass. But I will submit a question to the General category and see what happens.

Not sure if I'll request a refund yet, but I'd say if we don't get more guidance then I probably will. While the course is reasonably priced, it is still too expensive not to have any support.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 05:05:07 PM »
Thank you for your input.  Hay House has now taken many of your suggestions and incorporated them into the course.  Please take a peek on the Hay House course page and let us know what you think?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:28:09 PM by admin »

Offline Jeane

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 09:08:50 AM »
This makes no sense to me, I went to my account page, assume that is where my dashboard is located and saw nothing different.  Also it says under the bonuse to click to access Think Greater, etc.  and I get taken right back to my dashboard page and I can't find any reference to this Think Greater course.  Please someone advise.  Thanks

Offline Jeane

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 09:19:54 AM »
Okay I found the Think Greater etc course, but I still do not know what the Admin is talking about .  Anyone?

Offline Jeane

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 12:05:09 PM »
I am going to attempt to answer my own questions..I am a newbie but this seems to be happening to me lately, answering my own questions.  Dr Joe asks a person "Are you doing the work?"  Well, that seems to be study study the subject until you really start to understand it , not on the surface, but within yourself.  Be aware of your thoughts, actions, and feelings.  as much of 24/7 that you can. Meditate, create and lose the old, repeat, repeat, repeat until the old is broken and the new is installed. 

In short there are no instructions such as baking a cake, 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup sugar, then stir and bake.  I must do the work at what ever speed and intensity that I desire, no one or no thing is going to do it for me.  I am sure I have probably over simplified the whole thing, but from where I am at at this time, this is as deep as I go.. :)