SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Subconscious mind vs conscious mind  (Read 693 times)

Offline Mr Brennan

Subconscious mind vs conscious mind
« on: December 14, 2020, 03:02:41 AM »
Hi all.

I came across Joe just over 2 years ago but I didn't seriously get interested in his stuff until 11 to 12 months ago. I now have all of his 4 books. I must say that Joe's an absolute genius and he has been seriously changing my life within the past year. I feel this change within me is only the beginning and nobody else has come anywhere close to Joe to changing my life. Also for the first time in my life I can say near the end of this year that 2020 has been a fabulous year for me, even factoring in the coronavirus.

Basically I've done a 360 degrees turn in my belief and understanding of psychology for the better. What I seem to understand is that there's a conscious mind, subconscious mind and bodily emotions. Over years of hardwiring your bodily emotions they directly connect with your subconscious mind. Joe seems to talk a lot about your bodily emotions controlling your subconscious mind and therefore controlling how you live your life because your subconscious mind is more than 10 times more powerful than your conscious mind. That seems to suggest that if you've had a bad life and you're desperate to greatly improve it but you don't have the motivation to do so, then maybe you body is extremely hardwired to emotions such as unworthiness, unhappiness etc. Therefore your body is running the show by telling your subconscious mind to drive you to live your life as badly as possible in order to get a fix for your addiction to unworthiness, unhappiness etc. You as the conscious mind don't have a clue that it's happening to you. That makes sense to me.

Here's where I'm confused and help would be much appreciated. My understanding is that when you have strong survival based emotions, you want to seek relief from such emotion because you consciously want to feel happy but subconsciously you don't. One example would be if somebody made you angry, you might want to seek revenge in order to make yourself feel better.

I know of a former billionaire businessman who lost everything in what is generally believed to be a dangerous gamble that somebody at billionaire businessman competence wouldn't have made.I accept on a conscious level that it was pure greed that drove him to it because he was living in serious lack emotionally despite of his wealth. If the subconscious mind is that powerful wouldn't it have known that the gamble would blow up in his face? Did he on a subconscious level want to mess up so badly in order to chase emotions such as regret and suffering? Maybe he so desperately wanted to seek relief from his emotional pain of lack that that conscious desire of greed overrode his subconscious knowledge that the business venture would fail very badly. Maybe his subconscious desires were continued and increased success but his conscious extreme greed overrode such desires. Can the conscious mind of extreme intensity override the subconscious mind despite of the subconscious mind apparently being at least 10 times more powerful? Maybe his subconscious mind got so confused that it believed the business gamble would pay off. Assuming his subconscious mind should have known that gamble would fail badly, could his subconscious mind have believed the opposite? Can the subconscious mind get corrupted and believe in something stupid when it apparently never does? If anybody can answer those questions for me, much appreciated.