SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Which meditation downloads should I purchase for weeks 1-4 from BTHOBY?  (Read 355 times)

Offline jakehyten

• LinkedIn
Hi. I can't seem to find the proper downloads to purchase for weeks 1-4 of the BTHOBY book.

The one I purchased off the website is 1+ hours of the same body meditation. Am I supposed to listen to that then quickly switch to another download? Where is that download for weeks 2, 3 and 4? It doesn't seem realistic that he would have us do Induction and then jump to another meditation so I'm thinking I might have bought the wrong download.

Or. Am I supposed to do induction, then weeks 2, 3 and 4 inside this one 1 hour Body meditation? I listened for 40 mins and I don't remember hearing any queue to go from induction to week 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm stuck. Thank you

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Which meditation downloads should I purchase for weeks 1-4 from BTHOBY?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:34:39 PM »
The only meditation to use when starting is Breaking the Habit of being yourself, and stick to that one solely until you master your triggers and emotions. You will be very glad you dedicated yourself to this, make yourself do it if you must because it is your determination that shows the universe you are ready to let go and it will help you. Having said that, some people do better with Blessing of the Energy Centers, but ai feel the training in Breaking for four solid Months  twice daily is what dissolved my anxiety and anger, that was the best gift I ever gave myself.

The part about working through 4 weeks of meditations is the Breaking meditation broke into 15 min bits to train those new to meditation to gradually sit longer, adding another 15 mins  of that Breaking meditation each week. I did this, but having been meditating a few years before I think I could have started with the full hour.

I had the audiobook and listened to it daily, and also You Are the Placebo, that meditation is very similar to Breaking but the focus is healing medical conditions. The book Becoming Supernatural has meditations that Fit the chapters, so that will guide you meditations that suit which chapter resonates with what you next want to focus on.

If you find you want a shorter version meditation, the Morning and Evening set are each 25 min long. Turning Your love Inward meant for care givers who don’t take time for themselves is 25min also, and now there are 2 meditations for children that some adults really love that are short.

Committing to same time every day never miss a day is going to get you the quickest results. Any time spent in meditation is getting you to your goal, so please keep at it!
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline jakehyten

• LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 10:05:29 AM »
Thank you so much WIB. I always see you helping so many people in here.

I think we may be talking about different things.

Inside the Breaking Habit book chapter 9 he specifically talks about a 4 week program. And he specifically says "You will begin every session by doing the previous steps you learned, then practice the new material for that week."

I have been doing the body meditation for over a month now and am up to 35-45 min of meditaiton. I really feel I'm ready to embark on the 4 week program but just can't get any clarity on exactly how to perform it. Have you gone through the 4 week program inside the book?

Offline jakehyten

• LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 10:13:09 AM »
Nevermind WIB I figured it out.

For anyone else that was curious. The whole 4 weeks are inside the whole Body Parts meditation. There just isn't any distinction or cue that you've moved from one section (week) to another. If you look in the back at the appendix where he writes out his meditation you can see the different sections and when you enter different weeks.

Thanks

Offline Chiubi

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 10:59:59 AM »
Hi there,
I am actually super new and luckily stumbled upon a random section of Dr joe's site that instructed how to approach mediation.  When you buy the BTHOBY mediations, there are no instructions.

https://encephalon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043466211-Meditation-Directions-for-Breaking-the-Habit-of-Being-Yourself-Book-Meditations

Meditation Directions:

There are two meditations that you can choose from each day. You only need to do one per day. Dr. Joe has provided two different inductions so that you can vary your meditation routine. Each meditation is split into four sections so that you can become familiar with each step and then build on skill level from your previous week.

Please Note: You may want to first fast forward to the times listed below to familiarize yourself with what the bells sound like before listening to the meditation for the first time.

1. For the First Week:
Start the meditation and continue until you hear a bell. Do this portion of the meditation every day for the first week.

Water Rising: (24 minutes)
Body Parts - Space: (28 minutes)

2. For the Second Week:
Start at the beginning, continue through the first bell, and then continue until you hear the second bell and then stop at the second bell. Do this portion of the meditation every day for the second week.

Water Rising: (35 minutes)
Body Parts – Space: (39 minutes)

3. For the Third Week:
Start at the beginning, continue through the first bell, continue through the second bell, and then stop at the third bell. Do this portion of the meditation every day for the third week.

Water Rising: (48 minutes)
Body Parts - Space: (51 minutes)

4. For the Fourth Week:
Start at the beginning, continue through the first bell, continue through the second bell, continue through the third bell, and then continue through to the end. Do this portion of the meditation every day for the fourth week.

Water Rising: (71 minutes)
Body Parts - Space: (74 minutes)

Is this the 4 weeks you are referring to?

PS:  am i supposed to be doing a second mediation at night?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:01:52 AM by Chiubi »

Offline jakehyten

• LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »
Yes! Thank you Chiubi. Excellent link too!

Offline Chiubi

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 02:43:41 PM »
you are quite welcome.  I am only a week in and very overwhelmed.