SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Chemical flooding  (Read 1646 times)

Offline desertdune

Chemical flooding
« on: September 24, 2019, 07:40:08 AM »
I understand nerves that fire together wire together.

My situation: when I get angry, chemistry kicks in and dominates. Even when I can observe that I'm over-reacting, I can't seem to change the chemistry in that moment.

My question: as I do this work, will the situation change? Might I have the ability to catch myself and chsnge it? Or as I do the work, will residual chemistry dissipate and good chemicals begin to dominate (presumably because I am creating more of them as I come into alignment)?

TIA - dearly want the real me back :)

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Chemical flooding
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 09:11:52 AM »
Dr Joe says we are always going to react, he reacts all the time. The question is for how long... do you let it grow into a mood, grow into a personality? If you are recognizing it you ARE working in it, do not ding yourself for loosing control, credit yourself for taking whatever steps you can after the realization that it is time to correct it.

I have found, as I did the change game, that all of my negative emotions began as as an icky feeling, a creepy sensation in my stomach or nape or a slight stiffening of all of my muscles like I should be ready for attack or flee.
IT ALL STARTS with that little uneasy ick... the good news is I am aware of that little subtle shift: I recognize it and stuff in an elevated emotion before that ick has a snowball’s chance in hell of blossoming into any recognizable emotion

95%  of what we feel has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening real time. We are triggered by a word, a scent, a calendar date or changing weather.... unpleasant events long ago forgotten that coincided with those triggers.

And your body does for a long time want the chemical addiction to those negative emotions, it will try very hard to trigger you into manufacturing it. So train your self to frequently monitor how you are feeling, and do some maintenance elevated emotion work. I made a practice of, as the last paragraphs in the Heart Intelligence
chapter in BSN instructs, elevating my emotions for 15 min 4x daily.... it really helps! When I couldn’t get into the mood I’d imagine jumping on a trampoline and always got the joy going.

And yes, your reactions will be fewer and farther between as you get better at elevating your emotions: the goal is to live in Bliss 24/7, so don’t limit yourself to 4x daily!

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 12:48:07 AM »
WiB,
 When you talk about taking 4×15 minutes a day for elevated emotion,
Do you just sit somewhere and kind of meditate those 15 minutes,
Or does it take any other form?
Or do you use sometimes the recorded audio track in which you mention all the elevated emotions?
( I thought to doing that using the last part of the  reconditioning the body to a new mind meditation, in which Dr. Joe  gives a list of quite a few elevated emotions)
Thanks
🙏

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 04:40:56 AM »
You can be at work, or any mundane activity, just fill your heart with bliss! The goal is 24/7 bliss, start this moment!

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 11:56:23 AM »
That’s my question.
How do you do it when you “bathe” all day in beta waves?
Do you use images, memories,?
Thanks.
🙏

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 06:19:12 PM »
I’m not sure what brainwave I am in, but crap is kept at bay and I am genuinely not just happy but bliss filled, mindfully monitoring and pumping up the vibrations, deterring unproductive conversations by changing the subject.

Today a coworker asked what I was listening to, “Gregg Braden doing a lecture on consciousness” then at lunch I was asked when I was going to retire. I told them if I succeeded manifesting $2,000,000 it would be sooner than later, that I was working on it, and that the highest energy to manifest with is compassion so I can’t be talking trash about coworkers and joining in gossip.

Offline desertdune

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 05:00:00 PM »
Walk in Beauty - thank you for your reply! Apologies for the delayed thanks - I was away. This makes wonderful sense.

Offline Adam

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »
Thanks Walk In Beauty,
 It's great to hear about your practice with the bonus of including humor inside it.
Which by the way, could definitely be added as one of the elevated emotions.

I started exploring this practice and I find that
the survival old self keep creeping in with its "yes, but"
among other wise-guy strategies in the intention
to distract me from being in this bliss.
 That is what I meant by bathing in beta waves,
Or maybe a better way to describe it is being carried away by the old self torrent.

What would you recommend doing in that case?
Anyone else had the same experience?
A.
🙏

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 06:33:49 PM »
Recognize you are becoming.

Look back at the you who was before you started, I bet you notice a sizable contrast!
Think of who you want to become. Study people who you wish be like. It doesn’t have to be someone famous. I like the calm serenity yogis enjoy, Sahdguru is one of my contemporary favorites to view. There is lot of humor and bliss that yogis enjoy, and not one bit of wise-guy schmuck remarks.

Offline Adam

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 02:05:11 AM »
Which also takes me by association the Box meditation.

Thanks Walk In Beauty for your presence and dedication!
🙏