SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Fake it til you make it  (Read 391 times)

Offline Walk in Beauty

Fake it til you make it
« on: July 06, 2019, 02:08:23 AM »
“Fake it till you make it” was a phrase Dr Joe explores in the online intensive/Progressive Workshop, and the explanation and illustration he used always struck me so vividly. He has been contradicted by many that his methods are no more than that, and his reply was “Oh really?” And he went on ask haven’t we all spent a commute into work imagining how we are going to get back at a coworker, picture how we will rat on them to the boss... no, no, I’ll write an email instead, and live it so vividly that by the time we get to work we’re livid... and it all came about by just one thought.

I share this because this past six weeks I have purposely focused on living 24/7 in bliss, literally forcing my self to feel compassion and joy, diligently recognizing when I have let my intention drift to other things and gently drawing my awareness back without judging myself for being negligent. Using images in my head to get that amped up feeling of energy and connection, like riding a roller coaster, or jumping on a trampoline. Anything that worked so I could fake my bliss till I made it.

And today suddenly all that effort paid off. This morning in the Reconditioning the Body to a New Mind meditation when instructed to become the vortex, become the energy, I drew tornados down through me and the reverse up...  then I saw the universe as a huge white circus tent, and many lovely colorfully patterned sheer sturdy fabrics hanging from the ridge pole. I was a small child, curiously touching one, then it felt so natural to clutch it with both hands and swing with it. The patterns fell loose and rained down upon and around me as I swung and twirled, reveling in the freedom and motion, and the patterns of many colors melts through me on their way to the grassy floor of the tent . I swung from one lovely fabric to another, the varying patterns falling through me calming yet exhilarating, a familiar exuberance, a memory like, “Oh yeah! I remember this! It’s always supposed to feel like this!”

Then somewhere in all of this play and being guided by Dr Joe’s words true bliss opened my heart. Not the trumped up stuff I had been force feeding myself, but  a strong, soft suffusing glow suddenly grew in my chest and filled me.

Many in this work seek a brain gasm... I have just experienced a heart gasm! it is real and wonderful!

So you guys, whatever your goal, DO THE WORK! Your efforts will pay off. It may take months and years for your stubborn will and training to be chipped away but with diligence your new mind will be the normal and natural way to be.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Kathy

• CASEdge - Personal Transformation Blog
Re: Fake it til you make it
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 01:53:07 PM »
Wow! That is so beautiful and vivid! You are able to articulate your experiences so vividly, WiB. Thank you!

Offline Stellla

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 03:00:59 PM »
Thank you Walk in Beauty for sharing your experience! Its definitely inspiring  <3                                                 

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 08:50:38 AM »
Thanks for sharing!!!
🙏

Offline Jazzgurl

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 10:13:59 PM »
I badly needed this today! I was lost.
I felt like I will be ok if I cried out loud, but I was even unable to cry.
This post is so inspiring. I want to try this in my life too.
Thank you so much for reminding me that, happiness is created not found!:) :) :)
I love me more than you love me.LOl!