SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: About notion of space in the induction process of meditation  (Read 654 times)

Offline Adam

Hello everyone,
As I deepen the practice of the Breaking the habit of being yourself mentation I soule like to share with you some questions and will appreciate your take on it as well as your experience with it.

1. During the induction part, I’m still not clear about the moments of the divergent focus, the space around the body part. Is it the layer of something like 10 or 20 cm around it, or is it a huge sphere of two or three or more meters?

2. In some meditations the instruction is clear about when to put the attention on the divergent or convergent focus. Like in the morning meditation: "can you feel the space between your ears (convergent). And now, can you feel the energy beyond your years (they virgin). But in the BHBY meditation it seems to me less clear, like: "can you feel the space that your arms take - in space". Does he mean to have both convergent and divergent focus on the same time?

3. Last, the good old difference between sensing/feelings/being aware of on one side, and visualizing on the other side. We agree that we go for the sensing/feeling etc. So, although I have almost no problem to fell/sens the body parts, I do have difficulty to feel the space around them (the divergent focus). In the best I feel the "contact" of the space on the skin. How do you feel the space? And what would you suggest so that I can feel it?

Thanks for your attention
Adam.
🙏

Offline Kathy

• CASEdge - Personal Transformation Blog
Re: About notion of space in the induction process of meditation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 02:10:55 PM »
Hi Adam!
I can relate to your questions, because I have the same ones. Once in a while I think I'm "getting" it, and then I lose my sense of understanding.

I have watched this video of Dr. Joe more than once, and it definitely helps: https://encephalon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022266072-What-does-Dr-Joe-mean-when-he-refers-to-space-

Then, in this video (someone else shared it here on the forum), Fiona, one of Dr. Joe's team leaders, talks about the space, as well as the "distance" around the body - I time-stamped it to start where she begins to talk about it (but the whole video is really good - all about how to do the Blessing of the Energy Centers): https://youtu.be/5_GZjeFN9hY?t=302

As far as "Feeling" the space - I haven't quite mastered that one - but hopefully others will join this discussion.
:) Kath

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your response and the videos.
I have seem
N both opinion the past and took the time to watch them again
(I’m sure I’ll watch them again and again).

The information is Dr. Joe’s video is precious, and I took some more from it.

However, I didn’t find an answer to my question n°1: the “size” of the space around the body part. Is it a layer or a huge sphere.
In a older video Dr. Joe compare an atom nucleus to a van and then the space around it to some tens of thousands square miles.
In the video you joined, he speaks about feeling space like feelings where your hands are while spreading arms, but I still could get more info.

Does anybody know?

Also, I n the same video, at min 09:50, Dr. Joe mention that in this space, there is nothing to experience with the senses, but only with awareness.
That puzzled me.
I was still in the research of understanding how to “feel” the space or “sense” it rather than visualize.
And now, more puzzled by that saying on the video.

Which means, how can you feel without your senses.
How does it feel?

Anyone can help?
Thanks
Adam
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:52:31 PM by Adam »
🙏

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »
I have made the space a variety of sizes: an inch larger,  to as big as  the entire universe. Dr Joe uses a variety of sizes in different meditations, I do not not know what difference it makes. I think the key is to feel the difference in the two places.

In other than Dr Joe mystical teachings there are many layers of energy bodies that we inhabit, each an incrementally higher vibration and each incrementally expanded large about our physical bodies, which leads me to surmise this is the aura that we emit, that some sensitive people are able to see.

The techniques that Dr Joe leads us through are scientifically studied and proven to work IF one includes all of the steps. Dr Dean Radin has been interviewed by many podcasters and each one I listen to gives a different insight as to how this works, and it it DOES work.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 02:03:41 AM »
Thank you WiB

I think the key is to feel the difference in the two places.
Do you mean between convergent and divergent?
🙏

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 05:13:54 AM »
Yes, I can’t quote directly but I definitely recall Dr Joe and others scientists saying the whole process of  convergent/divergent focus was key to making manifestation possible, and feeling the difference between the two spaces what did it.

I’m pretty good at feeling the convergent  focus as the “hole in the donut” when I open my focus to the divergent, everything else.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »
He mentionned in several places that switching between convergent to divergent focus helps moving from high beta or beta to alpha waves.
🙏

Offline karopega

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 11:02:59 AM »
Hello Adam,

I am in the same process I think. I am currently doing You are the Placebo meditation and occasionally BHBY. I have trouble with the space and especially sensing the "space beyond your ears". I have a hard time not analysing. I understand "around the ears", "between the ears", but "beyond" I dont get.

And yeah, "sensing the space" is a difficult one. I just try difficult methods, but havent figured it out yet. Just as I think I might be getting there, I start thinking about matter again.

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 02:46:39 PM »
I heard a lecturer say if you take all of the space between the particles of atoms, the entire planet Earth would be the size of a grain of sand. I look about me and picture the movie projector creating this illusion malfunctioning and flickering out... and all is space.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline karopega

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 12:12:47 AM »
I heard a lecturer say if you take all of the space between the particles of atoms, the entire planet Earth would be the size of a grain of sand. I look about me and picture the movie projector creating this illusion malfunctioning and flickering out... and all is space.

that is a nice image to work with. thanks.