SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Where do I start?  (Read 848 times)

Offline Jeroenburger

Where do I start?
« on: May 11, 2019, 02:28:46 AM »
Hello all!

I have read the book ‘breaking the habit..’ and started doing the meditations. I am at the second week meditation now after quite some weeks because I really wanted to practise my attention and focus before going to the next one.

During my daily exercise on the treadmill I always watch the interviews and lectures and workshops on youtube and Dr. Joe often only speaks a out the advanced workshops. As I am just starting this and I want to do the right thing and get to the right point of getting in that ‘state where real change is possible’, what is the best thing to start with? And what is the right way or best meditation to get there?

In short: where do I start best? Can I do the earlier workshops?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

Offline blossom62

Re: Where do I start?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 03:02:26 AM »
Hello Jeroenburger,

Sorry I don't have any advice, but i'm keen to see your responses, as I hope to achieve the same as you!
I haven't read breaking the habit, I'm currently listening to Becoming Super Natural.
What meditations are you doing? I do the blessing of the energy centers, not sure I fully understand them, guess it just takes practice. Anyway, just thought i'd say hi :)

Karen

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 05:45:43 AM »
I was introduced to Dr Joe with the book Breaking the Habit and did those meditations twice daily to rid myself of negative emotions. That took four months. It was (IS!) so lovely not to be burdened with that garbage!

I then read You Are the Placebo, and added that meditation, and tho my goal was once daily meditation it did not concern me if I missed a day or two because on the whole I was truly free of self criticism and blaming others. I was living in the present where future and past did not affect my attitude. On the whole I have been very satisfied with my life path and health and did not consider I had anything to ask for. I found Placebo very interesting but as I had no health issue that I felt needed addressing it was more of a reinforcement of the logic behind how the quantum field works.

So in essence I knew this method would relieve my stress, anxiety and anger where all other counseling and self help had not so I went all in and it did solve those issues 🥳 🎉🍾🥰

Then Becoming Supernatural was published and the friend, who had leant me her Dr Joe books, had read it and started attending advanced workshops and was so positively affected by them that she urged me to do so also. I am a fan of science, not educated in it in any way, but am aware of how experiment’s outcomes are determined by the observer’s expectations, and other quantum physics facts, from viewing purely science based documentaries featuring the likes of Hawking, Krause and Susskind, so BSN was no leap of faith for me but a logical progression of how to apply those facts to benefit me personally.

I have used the Dr Joe workshops and BSN to materially improve my life in ways I did not previously consider I could or even was conscious that I wanted improving. I went from satisfied and plodding through life making the best of the hand I was dealt, to looking with a newborn’s fresh perspective at everything and intentionally creating the world I want to live in. I have recently used it to manage minor pain issues I had previously considered a natural part of aging. Nope. No. Not at all. Pain is not natural and normal. It is an illusion. It can be banished, just as I banished emotional pain.

So to answer the question you posted, where to begin, I very much recommend addressing the beliefs you hold about yourself first. I have found I can not make material changes in my life if I do not feel worthy of receiving them. I feel you should plunge fully into Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself and You are the Placebo by repeatedly listening to the books, and twice daily meditation including the Change Game portion. It took me four months of dedicated concentration for my unburdened self to consistently become my operating mode.

This need not be an investment in Dr Joe’s published materials. I did it by reading aloud the borrowed books while recording it on my iPad using an app called Voice Record Pro. I made several versions of those meditations in the books appendixes with different background music.

( Which is why it amuses me reading cranks ‘exposing’ Dr Joe as a money grabbing charlatan peddling his wares, lol. I used all of his teachings those first years without spending one penny.)

The subsequent meditations available for purchase are lovely, and Becoming Supernatural is a wonderful source I keep reviewing.

I do caution you that you are on a journey of self discovery. You are going to need to be brave facing some long forgotten memories. And as there are a ton of them 🙄😒 and only so much the universe is going to put you through in one sitting, and you need to process and learn from that revelation before moving on to the next, it is going to take patience and time. You are going to need to forgive yourself and others, banish judgement of yourself and others.

Once you do: anything you can imagine is yours for the asking.

Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline blossom62

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »
Hiya Walk in Beauty ,
wow this sounds great, can i ask which meditations you started with twice daily? how long you sit for? are there meditations that come with the books or is this a separate download? Thanks

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »
Dr Joe’s versions of Breaking and Placebo are great, but the ones I made from the script were an hour in length. The meditations are sold separately from the book, but you can find people posting their own on you tube. If you send me your email address I can send you one of mine if you like.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Jeroenburger

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 11:09:53 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply. I will keep on going with the Breaking the habit program. I have also got the placebo book and I wil do this later on.

Have a great day!

Jeroen

Offline samz1

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 07:40:41 AM »
Since experiencing some adverse effects of meditation, I feel the need to share this.

https://youtu.be/f613jBzlBII

Please proceed with caution and be careful!

Much love and best wishes.

Offline blossom62

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 04:35:35 AM »
 Sam, this vid is very interesting, but, I do wonder that these extreme emotional experiences could have occured anyway due to the individuals state of mind, I will add not in all cases. Its still very interesting none the less. thanks for sharing 

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 09:51:06 AM »
Hi Jeroen,
My 10 cents as a kind’a 3 months beginner.
I’m practicing daily breaking the habit of being yourself meditations
( there are two versions for the induction. Personally, I do more often the one with the body parts, however it’s good to alternate )
I did, like you, do it progressively during four weeks.
For the parts of the first week, the induction, and the second week, I’ve taken more than seven days for each.
I also bought the morning meditation. In these I have to get up very early, I do this one instead.
Sometimes I precede the morning meditation with the induction from BHBY.

Challenges (at least for men
- distraction
-  getting sidetracked by the past old self emotions in the process of week two.
-  managing to stay clear with my intentions and elevated a motions during the rehearsing of the new self (week four).

I generally meditate in the mornings.
Sometimes it helps to journal, the evening before, about the negative emotion I want to work on, and revise the accumulated) list  of what I include in my new future self rehearsal ( some of the elements are literally getting born during the rehearsal itself).

Otherwise, I believe that Walk in Beauty has traced clearly a journey though Dr. Joe’s teaching.

Also, like you, I’ve traded other activity into watching interviews, conferences and videos of Dr. Joe  whenever I can.  He often says that learning and repeating creates new connections in the brain. Then, there’s a kind of leverage, at least in matter of information, during the meditation and the other practices.

Like you, I still have questions, quite many of them.  Sometimes I post them in the forum and the intention to exchange and to learn.

Be well, and enjoy the practice.
Adam
🙏