SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Portland, Oregon retreat  (Read 867 times)

Offline frcomu

Portland, Oregon retreat
« on: March 23, 2019, 01:25:01 AM »
Hi all,
Am thinking of attending the Portland retreat. Anyone thinking of going?

Also, has anyone attended a previous one and can tell me a little bit about the venue?

Thanks!

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Portland, Oregon retreat
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:57:21 PM »
You may want to ask on a Dr Joe Facebook page, lots ore members and more active there
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Launchingstars

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 10:06:06 AM »

Hello frcomu
Your PORTLAND Oregon post caught my eye. Did you attend the March 26 workshop in PD or are you talking about the one in July? If I don’t do the Cancún Advanced Retreat in June,  I will do the OR one in July.
Have you done the prerequisite videos? I did then this fall. I think the link for them may be dead now or I would listen again.
Have you read the books?
How did you stumble into Dr Joes work?
Are you near the PORTLAND area?
Hope I haven’t troubled you with too many questions :)
Best
Lj aka Launchingstars

Offline jimsadventure

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:42:41 AM »
Hello Lj & Frcomu !
I am going to the Portland advanced workshop also,
This will be my first workshop,
I'm very excited this is in Portland OR ,
Have done the prerequisite videos,
I love Joe's work, and m a little bit of a metaphysics not myself ...
I'm assuming seats will sell out the second they're available, I've signed up on the mailing list, is there anything else I can do to try to guarantee me a space ?
 Jim
Mpls Mn

Offline Acoustic Di

• Where Creative Endeavors Flow At An Alarming Rate...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »
Planning on Portland this year, Cancun #1 2016 was my first and last Advanced, then a 4-day. Super excited! I will need a roommate when registration opens!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.  — Lewis Carroll

Offline zhijuancao

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
I am thinking about going to the one in Niagara Falls. How to sign for the mailing list?
Thank you!

Offline frcomu

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 08:40:47 AM »
Oops, sorry guys, I haven't been to the forum for quite some time and missed the questions for me.  ::)

I'm going to Cancun now instead of Portland and am glad that it worked out this way. A walking meditation on the beach will be a highlight for me (although the Cancun beaches are now plagued by stinky seaweed!)  ;D ;D

There is now a new fee format and all fees include access to the Intensive and Progressive Workshops. Previously, if you had already done a progressive, you didn't have to do it again and only paid for the workshop. Not possible anymore.

Ideally, you should read the books in advance. The Intensive material covers the contents of Breaking the Habit while the Progressive covers Becoming Supernatural. So it is good revision. I was glad that I read the books beforehand because if you just listen to the videos, there is a lot of content to absorb and if you are short on time, that's not good. Since registration opens so late, you may not have a lot of time to view the videos especially if you have a job or family.

Also, you can't say "well nobody is going to know if I don't watch the videos". You have to fill out a questionnaire before the workshop to prove that you have gone through the material!  ::)

Zhijuancao - go to drjoedispenza.com and sign up for the newsletter. Doing this may get you informed but it may not. Best thing to do is keep visiting the website if you really, really want to go. You have to be really fast. Check out the costs yourself and do your rough calculations. Once you see that registration is open, don't hesitate and click away.  ;)

Offline zhijuancao

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »
The newsletter notification didn't work for me for the Portland nor the Niagara Falls event. I did sign up for the wait list for the Niagara Falls once. Hopefully I can get to do.  :)

Offline frcomu

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 09:37:13 AM »
@zhihuancao- yes unfortunately Encephalon’s notification system has to be improved. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That’s why it’s important to ask in the forum and FB groups. Several of my important notifications never arrived. And no, they are not in my spam mailbox! 🙄 Same with others.

Niagara sold out within an hour. Not sure if it’s true but definitely the next day, there was nothing left!

Offline michaela333

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 06:51:12 PM »
Hello to each of you beautiful geniuses! 

I have a question and idea that I'd like to offer up for everyone who lives in the Portland/Vancouver metro area.   I'd like to find out if there is any interest in the community for a local meetup and (separately) a mastermind group. 

I hope that this is an appropriate place to post this.  I looked at the forum topics (twice), but didn't find anything specific to local meetups or groups for people to gather in person.  If I need to re-post this in a new topic, I can do that.  :-)

The purpose for these two groups is to join others in learning, experiencing and practicing this work together...to share experiences, to help each other (as we do here in this forum) and know that we are not alone in doing this work.  I have found that this can feel isolating at times and would absolutely LOVE to connect with others here in my area.  I think that this could also be a wonderful opportunity for people to get to know others who are also raising their energy & consciousness and to meet others that they can resonate with.  :-)

Right now I'd like to get a sense of interest here (and I will post this in a couple Facebook groups too).  Once I have more details, I'll be glad to share them (i.e. time, location and more about each type of group). 

For those who are not familiar with mastermind groups, here is a link to a one-page description that describes what they are and are not (https://www.thesuccessalliance.com/what-is-a-mastermind-group/).  The basic distinction between the two groups I'm interested in creating is this:

- The meetup group would focus on what we're learning and working on based on Dr. Joe's books, programs, events, etc. 

- The mastermind group would consist of a smaller group of people who meet regularly (same people every time) and who resonate with Dr. Joe's teachings.  This gets to be a place for people to create their own vision and do it with the support of a community of like-minded, creative individuals.  I think it would be amazing to see and experience what we could create in our own lives with a group like this!

Thank you!