SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Quick question about feeling body in space  (Read 1409 times)

Offline robin in presence

Quick question about feeling body in space
« on: January 12, 2019, 06:01:36 AM »
When Dr. Joe asks us to feel our "throat", for example, in space, etc. do we always maintain the felt sensation of the throat, or other body part while imaging it in space?

I can imagine the body part surrounded by space, out in the blackness, galaxy, etc, but it is a visual image and not an actual sensation of the body part itself. If I were to actually feel/ sense it, then I go back to my actual body sitting on my cushion.

How important it is to actually feel the body part in space...Can't seem to take on that step...

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Quick question about feeling body in space
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 05:05:44 PM »
I sometimes imagine I am a great distance away, the Milky Way galaxy is just a tiny smudge of light. Then I zoom in on it, and find the sun, then find the earth, and just like google earth, zoom in down to my house, to me, to my throat. And them I Zoom all the way back out and see that tiny smudge of the distant galaxy again.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Kathy

• CASEdge - Personal Transformation Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »
If there is anything that I struggle with mightily, it is this very part of the meditations! I have SO MUCH difficulty with the visual of seeing "the space" of whatever body part "in space."

Today, I was going to start a thread on this, rsmaisel, so I'm really glad you brought it up. It sounds like you've got the visual part down though. When you say that you can "imagine the body part surrounded by space..." do you actually "see" that body part as separate from your body, like, you "detach" it from your body?

I honestly do not know what is wrong with me when it comes to this. I muddle through - but I find myself trying to visualize what something inside my body could possibly look like and the "space" that it takes up.

Walk in Beauty, I can understand the concept of your visualization - and I can actually "see" myself as you describe, like, being present in some place different and zooming in, but it's the "in space" part that I honestly just cannot figure out.

In the books (the one I have with me right now is Becoming Supernatural), Dr. Joe says (Page 82 in the Chapter: Tuning in to New Potentials in the Quantum) ""Start by resting your attention in different parts of your body as well as the space around those parts of your body."

Where I begin to lose it is that I'll say to myself, "Ok, Kath, HOW MUCH space? An inch? A foot? From the body part to my skin?"

But, I figure that I'll just concentrate on a few inches around that part...

So far so good, but then I really lose it as I try to expand that idea of "space in space."

Like on page 83, Dr. Joe continues - and I think I must be the only one on the planet who cannot seem to grasp this seemingly simple exercise - he talks about becoming aware "of the vastness of space that the room ...occupies in space (I almost can get this one)... and then extend your awareness to the vastness of space beyond the room in space, and finally to the vastness of space that all space occupied in space."

Am I overthinking all this? For now, I'm just trying not to have any anxiety during the meditation when I cannot "get it" - hoping that my understanding will "just click" all of a sudden.

Offline SCristina

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 11:50:30 PM »
Hey Kathy

I was pondering the actual space of space around the centers then I remembered the Blessing of the Energy Centers Meditation has an explanation before the meditation (I'm using Blessing of the energy centers 1), in which Dr Joe gives an exact explanation of how the space is spaced, between the atoms and so on.  It's really vast and there's so much space, I just stick to throwing an imaginary pebble into the space and following the ripples out...

:) :) :)

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 01:41:12 AM »
Yes, something like if the atom was the size of a huge stadium the electrons would be whizzing around the outside of it and the nucleus wound be a grain of sand in the center. That’s a great image.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline SCristina

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:43:25 AM »
 ;D Exactly W.I.B!  It's pretty awesome because when you try to really really really imagine the amount  of space... it's very trippy!

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 03:35:24 AM »
I found this link in a Dr Joe newsletter, “Hacking Reality”

One physicist has a theory that each particle of an atom is connected to an infinite amount of universes and switches out between them continuously. For me this makes it easy to see a cure in my body happening instantaneously.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJi3_znm7ZE&inf_contact_key=da837cfe72d07ed3de8a3c1845cd73d7f427f52ea31603071f965ce3ce01f652&feature=youtu.be
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline robin in presence

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 05:36:22 AM »
Walk in Beauty- Thanks so much for your input! Going back t o the first comment you made, when you inhabit space, do you do so while sensing/feeling the actual part rt in space- or are you just sensing space? I can imagine my body out in space, but can't "feel" the body part while out in space. I just imagine my body or the body part floating around...

Offline Kathy

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 06:13:58 AM »
Fantastic input! Thanks everyone!

And, SCristina, I have that version of the Blessing of the Energy Centers, so I'll listen to that explanation.

And Walk in Beauty, I'm going to be finding that newsletter and watching that video.

Wow... this is just amazing stuff.

Offline SCristina

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 07:24:31 AM »
Wonderful Kathy!  Here is another link which also beautifully explains space in our bodies, this presentation is pure gold!  https://youtu.be/BFbCYOfxOnI

Offline Kathy

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 07:38:33 AM »
Awesome! Thank you SCristina! I've just bookmarked that video. I could watch this stuff all day. :)

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »
rsmaisel, I think one needs to feel the body part separate from the rest of space for some reason, distinguish the difference between the two, however one manages to do that. There was something about the need for it in Dr Joe’s explanations.

I also hear from other manifesting scientific source, Dr Dean Radin for one, that being in no place for a long while before manifesting is vital, as well as letting go of your manifestation and let the universe take over, that you can not be focused on the thing constantly because it won’t manifest if you do. You must let go of it.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline DH59

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 07:04:36 AM »
I have struggled with many aspects of these meditations, and I have tried again and again and still it eludes me! I can't get the 'elevated emotion' part, the being 'no one, no thing, in no time', etc - I've just decided to try other meditations which are not so complicated. I just find myself being annoyed with myself and irritated, so it's just not helping.

Offline organic light

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 10:39:19 PM »
Hi DH59-

Before you give up on Dr. Joe's meditations, I want to ask you if you can try something out.  I'll explain it and then you can try it.

There's this mechanism within the body that is bringing life to our entire being in every moment.  This mechanism is often overlooked because our mind is so busy and preoccupied, and the body is so busy being the mind in a state of addiction to old thought patterns.  Regardless, this mechanism within the human body keeps on operating.  It is so loyal to you - how fantastic.

If gave you life when you first came into this world and it will take your life when your time has come to an end.  But in the time between, it is a constant in your life.  Say hello to your breath.

Your breath is actually quite magical and mysterious. There it is, in and out.  In and out.  Keeping your body alive.  Find some time where you can be quiet and close your eyes.  All you have to do is focus on your breath - in and out, in and out.  Feel it moving in your body and feel it leave your body.  That's all you have to do.  Observe the breath.

Your job is just this one task.  Focus on your breath.

If an intrusive thought comes in - don't engage it.  Don't entertain it, don't unite.  Just let it flow on by.  Remember, you have only one task.  To focus on your breath.  In and out, in and out.  Moment by moment...in and out, in and out.  You are so devoted to your breath that you will NOT allow anything to interrupt your focus.

Your breath is natural - you don't have to "try so hard" to breath.  It's natural.  Organic.  Intrinsic.

Just practice that as a meditation until you feel you can sustain a steady focus on your breath without being distracted.  You see, you're learning how to be in the present moment - a key to Dr. Joe's meditations.  So - we're going somewhere with this.  Just try it out.  Give it a go.  And let's see what happens!

The mind always has a lot to say - the key is to train yourself to not listen and follow those thought all over the place.  Exert a will that is greater than the old programs. 

So, use the breath to settle things down and at the same time - learn how to get into the present moment.

From there, you'll have a solid foundation to move forward with Dr. Joe's meditations.  You're doing great - we just need to tweak things a little bit to get you back on track!

Let us know how it goes!

much love-
organic light

Where there is Love, there is Life.

Offline AJUK

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »
I have struggled with many aspects of these meditations, and I have tried again and again and still it eludes me! I can't get the 'elevated emotion' part, the being 'no one, no thing, in no time', etc - I've just decided to try other meditations which are not so complicated. I just find myself being annoyed with myself and irritated, so it's just not helping.

WIB is spot on with concentrating on observing yourself breathing in and breathing out, I'm not sure if DJ covers this is any detail but I found several other sources including:

1) Sam May in the UK on Youtube https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sam+may+meditation&&view=detail&mid=725F97637AB24B3DC49A725F97637AB24B3DC49A&&FORM=VRDGAR,

2) Diane Yeo Connecting to the Calm Within, Soundcloud- https://soundcloud.com/diane-yeo/guided-meditation-by-diane-yeo.