SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Has anyone had a lapse of months between online progressive workshop and retreat  (Read 217 times)

Offline DawnM

Hi,  I'm wondering if anyone has taken the progressive online workshop months before doing an advanced retreat and how you keep up the momentum or not forget what you learned.  Why is the progressive workshop only available for 93 days?  Wouldn't it be more advantageous to be able to access it all the time?  Thanks for sharing.
Dawn

Offline Walk in Beauty

I heartily agree Dawn. I took tons of notes and even transcribed some progressives workshop portions word for word. I was laid up at home at the time so I watched those videos day after day. Dr Joe is a great speaker and humorous, I never got tired of it.

The online has many techniques from Becoming Supernatural fleshed out with exercises and fresh anecdotes so it does stick in your head, and if you review the book you will recall the workshop. When you write out your letter association exercise do an audio recording of it to listen to daily, like a Mind Movie.

So don’t be too concerned about retaining the material. It appears the lessons taught at the advanced workshop build on everything that precedes them so you have a good understanding before you meditate.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline DawnM

Thank you for replying to me.  I appreciate it.   :)

Offline Jewell

Get the meditations on iTunes and start reading the book Becoming Supernatural. In short start the practice now and daily. It will prepare you for any future workshop.

I was even able to cure two chronic conditions I’d had forever prior and outside the retreat. I also watched a lot of YouTube videos.  I feel the book and meditations were more important than the retreat, but can’t wait for a second opportunity to go to an Advanced Retreat. I was also fortunate to find others interested in reading the book and we started a book study.