SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Having trouble elevating emotions  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Neuronaut

Having trouble elevating emotions
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »
Hi all

Just signed up recently. I’ve done the online intensive and progressive workshops but I’m having trouble elevating my emotions in the meditations and wondered whether anyone else has the same problem or anyone has any tips.

I’ve had a lot go on in my life recently which I guess has left me a bit down and depressed and consequently I don’t really feel those elevated emotions any more and I just can’t seem to fake them in the meditations. 

Given elevating your emotions is a pretty fundamental part to creating your new mind and firing and wiring the new connections I’m a bit concerned that I’m not getting the most out of the work.

Any ideas/ thoughts?

Offline matrona

Re: Having trouble elevating emotions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
Healthy  human  has a thousands wishes , a  sick  human has only  one .

Try to feel life in you -   via breath  .. and imagine how   perfect your body is -- how magnificent  machine is that ..

We  realize  that  - when  it is threatened  by some  disease or  trouble ...   

Appreciate  life , feel gratitude  just because  you are alive ...

we  also take that for granted ...   or when is to late .

Try to  see your  problems  as   a test for your strength and  your potentials  ..

The greatest  heroes  ( for me ) this days  are those people who overcome  cancer  and other scary  diseases . Real authentic people  who understand their real powers ..  ( and yes , they  were depressed, in pain ,  scared to  death ... at the some point of their life )

When I have  elevated emotions in my meditations .. usually  I have tears .. so  then I am sure  I had them ...
and  .. I think  I did not  produce them .. it just occur  somehow ..  like a wave  hitting you

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »
Some of the Mind movies posted on the site are great mood elevators
http://drjoedispenza.com/index.php?page_id=mind_movies2
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline sally

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »
Neuronaut, over the weekend I felt the same. I am one week into my meditations today and for some reason I kept feeling like I wasn't connecting and feeling the elevated emotion which made me act out of consciousness. I have had meditations where I have come to tears from the feeling of being loved by family and friends and once for the feeling of loving my inner child but for some reason I can't seem to feel joy right now.....

have you figured out since your original post?

s

Offline LuminonC

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 06:31:26 AM »
Hi

I also encounter this challenge in my meditations. Although I didn't really put my fingers in a single cause, I notice it changes from day to day (so does my focus and energy), and when I am better rested, it's much easier to feel elevated emotions.

If I feel stuck and "flat", I imagine sending love to myself, my energy centers, and to the field.  Sending love is always easier than feeling gratitude on those days.

Good luck! :)

Offline Someera

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 12:01:42 PM »
Hey :)
I can warmly recomment the meditation "Reconditioning the body to a new mind"!
For me it was also difficult to feel any elevated emotions...so I had to learn it...
After working with this meditation daily for a while I can feel a strong, coherent energy field around my body.
I never expected this, but now, I know the difference.

All the best :)
Someera
Anchoring in the heart transcends duality :)

Offline Someera

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »
And:
In the beginning one needs a bit of energy to get started.
I also did have no energy and landed again and again in depression and despair.

BUT:
What also all testimonials say: Never give up!

In the book "Becoming Supernatural", page 163, is also explained, that the energy in the room at the beginning of a workshop first goes down, and then up again.
When you got over a certain point, it's getting easier and easier-just constantly go on meditating!
So take your time and never give up ;)
Anchoring in the heart transcends duality :)

Offline Neuronaut

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 12:24:09 AM »
Thanks for your replies all. I haven’t been back to this site for a while and just read some of the newer ones.

Sally - no I haven’t figured out why yet. I guess it’s the depression but I just don’t seem to be able to elevate the emotions enough. I can feel gratitude and love but it just feels a bit flat rather than really elevated and I can’t imagine I’m getting the right effects from the meditations with emotions that aren’t very elevated.

And thanks to the others for the advice. I’ll certainly keep trying and hopefully I’ll start to ‘feel’ more. If I’m moved to tears, I’ll know I’ve done it!

Offline Kathy

• CASEdge - Personal Transformation Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 11:33:08 AM »
Hi Neuronaut!
There's been a bit of discussion about this in some of the other threads here - and I shared some of the stuff I have been doing to "force" myself to get some elevated emotions going. Other active participants have really good ideas as well. Please come back into the forum and look through some of the more recent threads.

I noticed your original post was from August 29, 2018, and interestingly, during that very time was about when I was just beginning to really figure out how to get something remotely related to an "elevated emotion." I trully struggled with it (still do a bit, but it's getting easier with more practice).

Also, I noticed that you checked back in again last week. If you feel it would be helpful to you, I'd be happy to point out the threads where we've been talking about this - or, if you go through the newer posts in the "General" part of the forum, you might see them too.

Please don't give up! I know from personal experience that it can be done. :) Sending love!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:35:08 AM by Kathy »

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 04:37:02 PM »
I am trotting out my list of everything Dr Joe I have listened to or read him state these elevated emotion. I have discovered reviewing this before meditation I can easily choose three to feel.

ELEVATED EMOTIONs

Love
Compassion
Gratitude
Joy
Unity
Acceptance
Selflessness
Thankfulness
Inspiration
Freedom
Kindness
Giving
Nurturing
Caring
Service
Help
Forgive
Patience
Unlimited
Magnificently
Divine
Worthy
Beloved
Benevolence
Joy for Existence
Freedom of Expression
Blessed
Nobility
Honor
Strength
Courage
Love of life
Vitality
Abundance
Affluence
Passionate
Knowingness
Trust in the unknown
Clarity
Coherent mind and heart
Presence
In the moment
Transformation
Overcoming self imposed limitations
Surrender
Give your creation to a greater mind
Mind of the Healer
Giving life to life
Miraculous
Do the uncommon
Mind of the Mystic
Live in awe
Mystified by all of Life
Adventure
Expect the unexpected
Embrace the Unkown
Wholeness
Worthy of receiving
Grace
Effortless elegance
Appreciation
Give thanks before it is manifested
Greatest expression of yourself
Unlimited
Divine
Joy for Existence
Love who you are and all of life
Trust in your future
Liberated
Invincibility
Uncompromising Will
All of my needs are met
Empowered by an Idea
See your Future Without Obstacles
Limitless Energy
Moved by the Spirit
Passion
In Love with Life
Adored

Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline organic light

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 06:28:00 PM »
@Walk in Beauty - WOW!  You are amazing - what a super cool idea and fantastic tool, indeed!  I admire your passion as a student and your precise creation of tools for this process.  We all benefit from your diligence, so thank you so much! 
Where there is Love, there is Life.

Offline Kathy

• CASEdge - Personal Transformation Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 01:18:31 PM »
Yes! @Walk in Beauty - what a wonderful list and practice.
Actually, it wouldn't hurt to just look at that list at ANY time during the day! Put a smile on my face, and just absorb that list. Wow...

Printing that list out right now! Thank you!

Offline Neuronaut

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 10:20:01 AM »
Hi Neuronaut!
There's been a bit of discussion about this in some of the other threads here - and I shared some of the stuff I have been doing to "force" myself to get some elevated emotions going. Other active participants have really good ideas as well. Please come back into the forum and look through some of the more recent threads.

I noticed your original post was from August 29, 2018, and interestingly, during that very time was about when I was just beginning to really figure out how to get something remotely related to an "elevated emotion." I trully struggled with it (still do a bit, but it's getting easier with more practice).

Also, I noticed that you checked back in again last week. If you feel it would be helpful to you, I'd be happy to point out the threads where we've been talking about this - or, if you go through the newer posts in the "General" part of the forum, you might see them too.

Please don't give up! I know from personal experience that it can be done. :) Sending love!

Hey Kathy. That’s great, thank you. Yes, if you could point me in the right direction that would be great. I’ve had a quick look on general chat and can’t seem to find what you mention.

And thanks for the love, much appreciated. Sending it right back to you and the rest of the universe. We are all one and love is our connection.

WiB - thanks for the list. That’s great. It’s just I have difficulty ‘feeling’ these things right now. They just feel a bit flat.

Offline DawnM

Re: Having trouble elevating emotions +
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 03:38:29 AM »
I too am having difficulty feeling the elevated emotions and also visualizing at the end of the Breaking the Habit CD's.  There have been times in my life that I felt full of gratitude but I can't seem to get there on this CD.  I'm also wondering why we have to bring up the negative emotions - doesn't that strengthen them by feeling them when in a meditative state?  I am very drawn to this work but am having difficulty "getting there". 
In a post I read you are supposed to contract intrinsic  muscles while doing the breath but that is not mentioned on the Cds for Breaking the Habit and I don't know what that means.  I just finished reading Breaking the Habit and will now begin You are the Placebo.  I welcome any suggestions.
Thank you and Blessings to you all.
Dawn

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 05:32:59 AM »
If you are diligent with the format, soon the negative emotion will hold no energy. It will be only a word with a memory of a time you overcame, a memory that holds no emotional charge.
Walk in Beauty 💫