SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Week 2 Meditation BHBY - Insomnia???  (Read 332 times)

Offline ANewMind

Week 2 Meditation BHBY - Insomnia???
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »
I’ve read the book and today will be Day 3 of Week 2 meditations using the Body/Space guided audio. I enjoyed the induction in Week 1 but in Week 2 I feel jarred finishing after the second bell and having my focus remaining on the ‘emotion I want to change’. It feels incomplete stopping there and I understand it’s a process but I felt awful and in a negative headspace after being left in that state. I’m not afraid to work through undesirable emotions but it’s like having surgery and stopping part way through. Can anyone suggest a way to get through Week 2 without finishing each meditation in limbo?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:17:37 PM by ANewMind »

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Week 2 Meditation BHBY
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 01:36:46 AM »
Go ahead and move on to week three and even week four if it feels right for you.

I think the slow progression is to get people who do not think they have time for meditation to ease into longer and longer time to sit still, so if you are committed to sitting the full meditation go ahead.

I am so happy you are doing this for yourself! Wonderful things are in store for you!
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline SCristina

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:44:56 AM »
Hi guys!

So ANewMind, as Walk in Beauty says.  What I did and still do if I feel like I ended off somewhere I didn't feel good about being was to do heart centered breathing just to ease back into being in a great space.  I just breathe in and out through my heart, 6 seconds per breath, then just feel an elevated emotion and all is well again.  I do this for about 5 minutes...

Much love  :) :) :)

Offline ANewMind

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 09:31:20 PM »
Thanks SCristina and Walk in Beauty. Yesterday’s meditation was much better. I’m not sure if I fall asleep at points during my meditation or if I’m just in the Theta state. How do I know the difference? I feel like I lose track of the guided meditation so I’m not aware of whether I was  following the steps or just relaxing. I know that when you’re in that state you lose all sense of time but should I lose conscious awareness as well? I come out of it feeling like I was in a deep sleep for hours and have to check the time to come back to reality.

Offline SCristina

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 11:38:19 PM »
 ;D ANewMind!!! Actually I'm not really sure... Whenever I feel myself drifting off. or that I have drifted off, I just grab on to the music or Dr Joe's voice and I'm back in the flow again.  It's a marvelous experience!

Offline ANewMind

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 06:43:18 AM »
I had a super deep meditation tonight or maybe I just fell asleep but it didn’t feel like that as I was sitting upright and lost track of time. I went right through the water rising meditation this time and the body parts meditation started and I was startled out of whatever state I was in. This is the second night that I’m wide awake and it’s after 1:30am!!! Is the meditation making me alert? I have a baby and breastfeed through the night so I need to sleep in between and I’m still awake. Maybe night meditation isn’t a good time for me. Does anyone have any insights to offer?

Offline Walk in Beauty

Re: Week 2 Meditation BHBY - Insomnia???
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 06:36:41 PM »
Dr Joe says meditation is the same brain waves as sleep, thus I find I need less sleep the more meditation I get in. He also says the best manifesting he gets is when he is so tired he just doesn’t care how his meditation is going, a little silly or goofy helps too 🤪
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline SCristina

Re: Week 2 Meditation BHBY - Insomnia???
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 11:24:39 PM »
Wow Walk in Beauty!  That is amazing - when I feel tired, like really really tired, that's when I have my best meditations too!