SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: How do you induce intense emotions during meditation?  (Read 514 times)

Offline danieljs

How do you induce intense emotions during meditation?
« on: November 02, 2019, 01:09:51 AM »
Long story short: I've had chronic health problems for years, turns out it's psychosomatic so I've been trying to fix it using Joe's meditation methods. I've read 3 of his books and watched tons of his interviews, plus read a lot of other books. I've been trying to heal myself using these methods this entire year and haven't gotten far, despite the immense time and effort meditating/studying.

I intellectually understand the theory behind this and how you need to marry a clear intention with a positive emotion. But the feeling part is what I really struggle with. I've measured my heart rate variability and it's typically low. After emotional trauma when I was younger I think I closed myself off. Pair that with me being really analytical/in my head and it's been really difficult for me to access my heart and reprogram my subconscious.

When I try and induce a positive emotion during my meditation, I don't really feel anything. I usually feel numb/depressed. So when I try and induce a positive emotion all I feel is myself buried in these negative emotions.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I understand you need to reach lower brainwaves like theta, because then you can easily reprogram your subconscious because your analytical mind is out of the way. I know I've reached this state before because I've had moments during meditation where my visualisations became very vivid. But even so it was still difficult to induce a positive emotion.

Does anyone have any tips? What am I doing wrong?

Offline Ardys

Re: How do you induce intense emotions during meditation?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 09:54:24 AM »
Firstly you are doing great, all the work you have done, fantastic!

I can relate somewhat, done mostly what you have done but recently decided that I need to start over with BTHOBY, then the other books (reading of them has been over a couple of years).

When Dr Joe asks my to elevate my emotion I start out with something like 'Oh yeah baby!', echo what Dr Joe is saying and then I start Happy Dancing in my mind, geeing myself up, I'm probably not in Theta when I am doing this as I am moving my body and waving my arms around, but I feel it is working for me. It is near the end of the 'Body Parts' meditation, this past weekend I stayed awake through the whole meditation both days! Yippee!!! That is pretty important it took me a week to figure out what position my body needs to be in for me to do it.

I hope that helps.

Ardys

Offline miss_koala

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »
In order to induce positive emotions, you have to purge out negative emotions first.

Just like Abraham Hicks said, you can't go there from there. Means you cannot go from grief to joy in one step. Between grief and joy, in the emotional scale, there are many emotions, such as powerlessness sad anger boredom, etc.

Google emotional scale.

If you are in grief (dark), then suddenly you get JOY (light), then it feels like being burned to you.
But if you are in happy (light), then you get JOY (more light), then it feels like fun to you.

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
Dr Joe called the family’s trampoline the “attitude adjuster” because when he got his kids jumping on it with him they forgot whatever it was that was bothering them. I have always loved motion: swings, rollercoasters etc, so when I have trouble elevating emotions I close my eyes and feel the thrill of a carnival ride or skiing, it works instantaneously for me.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline danieljs

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 01:41:17 AM »
In order to induce positive emotions, you have to purge out negative emotions first.

Just like Abraham Hicks said, you can't go there from there. Means you cannot go from grief to joy in one step. Between grief and joy, in the emotional scale, there are many emotions, such as powerlessness sad anger boredom, etc.

Google emotional scale.

If you are in grief (dark), then suddenly you get JOY (light), then it feels like being burned to you.
But if you are in happy (light), then you get JOY (more light), then it feels like fun to you.

I've read in Joe's books that enough oxytocin from feeling heart-felt emotions resets the brain's trauma levels. So I don't know if this is necessary. If you feel an intense positive emotion you can't feel negative emotions such as a grudge at the same time, so I think this should be enough.

The problem I've had with working on my traumas (such as forgiving people) is that I feel numb. So I find it really hard to induce feelings of forgiveness.

There's also not one major event that triggered this. Like I can think of a few things in my past that have affected me, but it was nothing extremely traumatic that's caused PTSD or anything like that, just ordinary trauma most people would go through. So I don't really understand how to individually go through these traumas and fix it.

That's why I think I probably need to do a more intense approach, trying to overcome this hurdle has been extremely difficult and I've made no progress. After more reading I think the kundalini meditation in Becoming Supernatural is probably the solution, because it's extremely intense so you can overcome something like this, if you're having a full-on sensory experience with bliss and euphoria, that's the kind of state you can use to rebalance your chakras and trigger placebo
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:47:54 AM by danieljs »

Offline miss_koala

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 02:40:56 AM »
That only applies when you have already forgive, and you have already repented.

Before a plane can take off and fly high, you must take out the excessive baggage first, otherwise it'd end up like Aaliyah plane.

It looks like you want to skip the hard part.

Did you look at the Emotional Scale I was talking about?

If you are from boredom or feeling slightly down to JOY, then you can apply that technique. Because those emotions are already in the positive scale.

But if you are from grief, fear, grudge, unforgiveness, jealousy, you can't.

Those are baggage that you have to throw away first. Without throwing baggage out, you won't fly high.

Another thing that I need to mention is, you need an emotional honesty.

You feel numb now.... for a reason.

Shall you decide to feel now, then the first feeling you may feel is probably pain. That's why you try to avoid it, because pain is not a good feeling to feel. That's why people want painkillers.

You must go through pain first. It's just..... not forever. It's like labor pain. Painful, but not forever. Once the baby is born, then the pain is gone forever.

I hope you want to go through this pain. Because when you go through pain, there are plenty of treasure lessons to learn, and it is not ego lesson. There are lessons of humility, surrenderance, perseverance, patience, humbleness that everyone in the world needs to learn in order to have  permanent results. Skipping those process won't do you any good in the long run.

Don't be like Aaron Carter.

Unfortunately, my advice is never popular.
Every time people ask advice, and I suggest the person need to go through pain, I always being pushed away, ignored, unappreciated, and people are always looking for instant remedy. Only later on, they go back and asking the same question.

Do not believe people who offers you the icing of the cake.
The cake is more important than the icing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:52:09 AM by miss_koala »

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 03:29:54 AM »
I found I first got relief from my ruminating mind recycling a negative narrative inducing pain, however once my mind was clear and open then I was shown things from my past that were painful for me. I was better able to analyze and reconcile the past with a clear head versus a drop in the bucket addition to the insurmountable turmoil my head was before using the meditations.

Do the work and all will fall into place.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 03:58:23 AM by Walk in Beauty »
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline miss_koala

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 03:37:01 AM »
danieljs That's exactly the behavior/habit that you need to change: bury things out, and thinking you can pay lump sum later through some magic ritual process.

You have to change that. The meditation purpose is just to give you that mind space, so you will remember what you buried about. Then you dig in again, one by one, and resolve it one by one, manually.

For example, in the past, you wronged A, B, C, D, E, then you need to go to each of them and apologize, make amends.
If you've been wronged by F, G, H, I, J, then you need to go one by one, and tell them what you need to tell.
If you haven't forgive  X, Y, Z who unintentionally harm you, then you need to visit one by one, and forgive.

That supernatural book, I only read a half, and I couldn't finish it, I don't know why.

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 04:02:44 AM »
Miss koala does have advice worth considering, however she does not like Dr Joe methods for getting there. If you are here to utilize Dr Joe techniques it is best to stick to them fully for a thorough three month test drive of strict adherence  of daily meditation and rereading the book(s).
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline miss_koala

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 11:16:07 AM »
Thanks WIB. My advice is actually match the BHBY advice, the part of the "observe" portion and "dark night of the soul" portion.
I actually finished his books, but when it goes to his last book, becoming supernatural, suddenly I can't  finish read it. I thought I'll read it later, but it turned out I'll never go back to read it.
It is not that I don't like.  So you may say, I am not ready, or not advance enough? Maybe.

But BHBY works for almost everybody, while Supernatural only works for handful of people who's ready for kundalini and stuffs.

Maybe you don't need kundalini to heal.

This lady, just like almost everybody else, wants to skip all the process, and jump to the "advanced" part. I think you need to walk, or better yet, learn how to crawl, before you run.

Which one will work, my mundane manual advice, or advance auto kundalini advice?

Do you think doing kundalini stuff right now for her will solve the problem, or add more problems?
It's like a broken car, that is forced to do racing.

You/people will be the judge. If you/she ignore my advice, it is completely fine.
Is her priority to heal or to be a devotee JD follower like you?

Because if it were me, if I healed, I listen to no gurus. I would just go vacation, Disneyland, etc..

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:34:57 PM by miss_koala »

Offline D.A.M.650

• I Love You I'm Sorry Please Forgive Me Thank You
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »
miss K

been listening and following along with supernatural for a couple of weeks, AND I KNOW it's too advanced for me right now.  Having admitted that I find great value in the material, as I also find in returning to BHOBY over and over.   While listening to supernatural I grabbed my notebook and came up with several pages of hand written elevated I AM affirmations which I posted here for all to use.

I have been working on week three BHOBY for the past ten weeks, and there is more work to do.  Peeling away the layers, and making the foundation for a new future.

Change is not permanent via shortcuts, my enthusiasm can below as meditation is hard work now and i hold the belief that the day is coming when I can't wait to take my own time to go into the quantum field. 

Offline miss_koala

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 01:21:15 PM »
DAM 650 The diseases come back. I am a youtuber, and I read all the comments. In a video I saw a comment of someone whose brother healed from stage 4 cancer and in the testimony. Check out Miles Testimonial. That guy is on the death bed right now. The diseases come back 4 weeks after he was healed.

I feel so angry right now.

The truth need to be told.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 01:32:02 PM by miss_koala »

Offline miss_koala

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 01:31:08 PM »
It is like a broken car being pushed to accelerate. The car may fly high for a while, before completely broken down permanently. :(

Offline D.A.M.650

• I Love You I'm Sorry Please Forgive Me Thank You
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 01:29:02 PM »
DAM 650 The diseases come back. I am a youtuber, and I read all the comments. In a video I saw a comment of someone whose brother healed from stage 4 cancer and in the testimony. Check out Miles Testimonial. That guy is on the death bed right now. The diseases come back 4 weeks after he was healed.

I feel so angry right now.

The truth need to be told.

there is a video on my dispenza playlist, shared in the share forum where joe explains why this happens

Offline danieljs

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 10:06:12 PM »
That only applies when you have already forgive, and you have already repented.

Before a plane can take off and fly high, you must take out the excessive baggage first, otherwise it'd end up like Aaliyah plane.

It looks like you want to skip the hard part.

Did you look at the Emotional Scale I was talking about?

If you are from boredom or feeling slightly down to JOY, then you can apply that technique. Because those emotions are already in the positive scale.

But if you are from grief, fear, grudge, unforgiveness, jealousy, you can't.

Those are baggage that you have to throw away first. Without throwing baggage out, you won't fly high.

Another thing that I need to mention is, you need an emotional honesty.

You feel numb now.... for a reason.

Shall you decide to feel now, then the first feeling you may feel is probably pain. That's why you try to avoid it, because pain is not a good feeling to feel. That's why people want painkillers.

You must go through pain first. It's just..... not forever. It's like labor pain. Painful, but not forever. Once the baby is born, then the pain is gone forever.

I hope you want to go through this pain. Because when you go through pain, there are plenty of treasure lessons to learn, and it is not ego lesson. There are lessons of humility, surrenderance, perseverance, patience, humbleness that everyone in the world needs to learn in order to have  permanent results. Skipping those process won't do you any good in the long run.

Don't be like Aaron Carter.

Unfortunately, my advice is never popular.
Every time people ask advice, and I suggest the person need to go through pain, I always being pushed away, ignored, unappreciated, and people are always looking for instant remedy. Only later on, they go back and asking the same question.

Do not believe people who offers you the icing of the cake.
The cake is more important than the icing.

Doesn't all meditation move your Kundalini? When you access the present moment Joe said energy from your lower centers shoots up to your brain. So I don't understand what the fear is, if what you're saying is true you may as well not meditate at all.

The way I see it, there's a lot of dogma surrounding this (Joe said it himself). People are afraid of the unknown so they don't recommend Kundalini meditation, not because it's actually dangerous or ineffective, but because of superstition and dogma.

In order to change this energy needs to be released. Gradually overcoming yourself is really ineffective, otherwise everyone attending self help courses etc would've changed, so it requires intensity. And I don't say this as someone who is lazy and doesn't want to do the work (I've been meditating consistently for a very long time now), but just as someone struggling to overcome themselves. Less intensive meditation might work for people with less serious conditions, but if you're someone with severe depression/anxiety/health problems, it requires more than that.

Just my two cents
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:11:27 PM by danieljs »