SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Epiphany on my purpose in life!  (Read 67 times)

Offline Walk in Beauty

Epiphany on my purpose in life!
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:43:03 AM »

Three things combined for me recently that were life transforming.

First was viewing Sahdguru being interviewed by Tom Bilyeu on Impact Theory.

Tom’s stated purpose in his show is to inform how to be best efficient at achieving a goal, transferring an ability to doing something into the actual thing. Tom’s view is growth is foundational to joy, and Sahdguru’s view is joy is foundational to growth. “Substantial medical and scientific evidence shows only when you are in a pleasant state of experience your body and your brain work at their best. How well you harness your physiological and psychological process, whether your body and mind work for you or against you, is a big difference. Only when you are in pleasant levels of experience this happens best. IF you are joyful constantly and you have no fear.... because you understand all human experience comes from within you.

“All human experience has a chemical basis to it. In joy your chemistry is one way, in misery it will be a completely different way. When you create a chemistry of blissfulness it doesn’t matter what is happening. The drama around me is happening in so many different ways but me being joyful or miserable I have not given (the power to choose between) them away.”

The second factor I preface: it has Christian terminology that may conjure preconceived opinions, but I ask that you approach it with a charitable and open heart that I can share the deep joy it afforded.

I happened upon a passage from an Edgar Cayce reading in which a couple asked how they could best build a life together and fulfill the purpose for which they came to earth. How could they enlist the aid of angels. The reply was to frequently ask daily, “Lord, what would you have me do?”

So with these tools I then come to the third factor in my revelation: same time everyday, never miss a day meditation with Dr Joe during which I frequently asked, “Lord, what you have me do?”

To me, the Creator of all things is a compassionate, giving parent, overflowing with welcoming joy to be with me once more. Their answer to me was open arms, “Come! Be with me! Relax and be happy! Let’s enjoy this time together!”

I was enveloped in bliss and calm.

Of late my meditations have been a struggle, keeping distracting, competing thoughts quelled, skipping portions and cutting short the meditation to get back to doing and accomplishing.

Having the permission and encouragement of my creator to basically take an hour to unwind and just be, and recognizing this WAS the Lord telling me to do this. To live in a constant state of joy, not only for this hour of my life, but continuously for every remaining moment here forward. Being carefree and steeped in Joy was what my creator wanted me do.

For the past two days I have been recalling my one goal in life is to live in total bliss... and instantly I am there. Distractions, inconveniences... they have come, been waited out and have passed, but what I know is mine for the asking is constant, calm, saturating joy and contentment. I merely have to remember to choose it.

Here is Sahdguru’s interview, I hope it brings you many AHA! Moments to apply to your Dr Joe work.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw1I7fqmxmA
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline WaterWalker

Re: Epiphany on my purpose in life!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:17:35 AM »
That's a great insight. Enjoy the joy!

Offline Kathy

• CASEdge - Personal Transformation Blog
Re: Epiphany on my purpose in life!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »
Wow! That is so profound! Thank you for sharing this experience and the link. And I love Sadhguru!