SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: The right way to practice breathing meditation  (Read 898 times)

Offline Adam

The right way to practice breathing meditation
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »

Hello,
Is it possible that a wrong practicing of the breath meditation could cause headaches, or create tinnitus ?

Thanks
Adam
🙏

Offline Sophia14

Re: The right way to practice breathing meditation
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:27:17 PM »
Hi Adam,

have you seen Dr Joe's FAQ video on this topic?
It was very helpful to me and might help you too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ozk-DLrr0&list=PLrQd2Le6J_Nrv8iz80-19uOwY9KBnzxDI&index=26

Sophia
connecting to the divine wisdom - one step at a time

Offline samz1

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 03:20:08 PM »

Hello,
Is it possible that a wrong practicing of the breath meditation could cause headaches, or create tinnitus ?

Thanks
Adam

I did end up with tinnitus and extreme head pressure (which resulted in headache for about a month) after the breath meditation. Please proceed with caution.

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
Thank you for your responses.

Yes,I have seen this video several times, and will probably watch is again.
It does not speak yet about the right effort.
How can I know if I am using the intrinsic muscles in the right effort,mor if I contract too much etc.

So can anybody advise on practicing the breath meditation with caution, or in a progressive way?

I would really appreciate advises of experienced breath meditator, so I can proceed with this practice in the right way and keep on profiting from the positive consequences I started to feel.

Adam.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:57:53 PM by Adam »
🙏

Offline superbunny

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 12:44:00 PM »

Hello,

Thanks
Adam

I did end up with tinnitus and extreme head pressure (which resulted in headache for about a month) after the breath meditation. Please proceed with caution.

i ended up with hemorrhoids from all the butt clenching   :-\

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 04:54:33 PM »
One of the live streams of an advanced workshop was on the breath: DO NOT tighten anything that is above where your rib cage starts, not your throat, or pushing like a bowel movement or tightening your chest, or trying to making your head explode... as Dr Joe instructed, “No purple pushing!”

You are tightening the muscles that keep you from wetting and dirtying your pants, then drawing your belly button to your spine, then contracting the muscles that help you keep you balance, so lean into and  then against a door jamb
If you do not recognize which balancing muscles of your sides and obliques are involved.

I have yet to experience a “brain gasm” from doing the breath, but I am not seeking a mystical experience, and also think calcification of my Pineal gland  from decades of fluoridated water may be the cause. How ever I do do the breath when a meditation instructs, and actively move the energy as instructed, seeing the torus and reverse torus. It does put me in a good place to get maximum benefit from the remainder of the meditation.

Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »
This is a great interview with Dr Joe on the breath.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQp5GSbO4V8
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Stellla

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 03:01:31 PM »

Hello,

Thanks
Adam

Adam,
Same thing happened to me plus my ribs were hurting and i could not exercise for several days. It was hard to breath too... but it only happened when i attempted 3 meditations in one day, usually doing one or two does not have any side effects.

Offline AKStonez

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 01:27:59 PM »
Folks, steer me in the right direction if I'm wrong, but I think the "intensity" that we are to put into the meditation is more about energy/attitude/emotion then it is about physical effort. So far,  I come out of this meditation with a headache and puffy fingers!  During, my fists and toes will clench and my body will shake with the effort!  Something tells me this isn't the right way!  Dr. Joe sounds pretty intense in this meditation and perhaps I'm too used to my  personal trainer at the gym...so I've been approaching it like a workout.  After watching the video link above, I'm thinking that what he is asking for is an intense level of passion, motivation, excitement and emotion that surpasses our everyday robotic same old,same old emotions and thoughts....a "breakthrough" intensity that is the catalyst to moving that energy up. When I do the meditation tomorrow I'm going to focus on bringing on the emotion (like when i crossed the marathon finish line) and taking a more gentle flowing yet solid approach to the muscle pumping.
Another Question: does Dr. Joe ever address the subject of pineal calcification and what we can do about it?

Offline Stellla

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »
Adam,

https://repossible.com/mind-out-the-body/

Here is the link to a break down of the breath exercise by one of the forum members from a while ago. Hope it helps :)

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 08:00:35 PM »
For AKStonez:

I asked about calcification in the workshop. The answer from the team was drink unfloridated water, don’t brush with fluoride toothpaste, ( there is a brand that has plaque removal yet no fluoride, for sale somewhere out there... can’t think of the brand...) and do the breath daily. :)

I have annoying bone spurs I have been hoping to dissolve by ingesting 2T apple cider vinegar daily in combination with taking vitamins D3 and K2 which carries calcium into the bones instead of Willy nilly growing rose thorns inside my body. I’m hoping this will assist in decalcification of the Pineal gland as well, but that advice is not from Dr Joe, it is from Motivational Doc on Youtube showing his before and after xrays of his bursitis.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Adam

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »

Hello dear People,

Thank you ever so much for your numerous responses.
For the video and weblink reminders !

I also checked with an osteopath who confirmed that this practice should not create/enhance Tinnitus.

However, I do realize that I may have been a bit too voluntary and overcharged the intrinsic muscles.

In fact WiB, I am listening right now to the audiobook of "Becoming Supernatural", and right after when you posted your message about “No purple pushing!” , I heard that advice on the audiobook :)

I do relate to your advices about:
  • reducing the effort and exploring nuances
  • focusing more on the energy going up (AKStonez, I'd be happy to hear about the results of the changes you decided to do with the breathing
  • Indeed, as I heard today in the live class, practicing with more playfulness, and not as a "must do" etc.
Would love to know if other people have experienced with this too.
Greetings,
Adam
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:48:49 PM by Adam »
🙏