SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Struggling with elevated emotions  (Read 184 times)

Offline LAS

Struggling with elevated emotions
« on: April 11, 2019, 01:37:10 AM »
Hello lovely people,

I have just returned from Edinburgh where I attended the Progressive workshop.

I am a fan of Joe's and have read Break the Habit (which enhanced my life enormously -something just "clicked" , as well as BSN and You are the Placebo.

I have also ready many Hay House books over the years and been a big fan of Wayne Dyer but Break the Habit really resonated with me in a different way.

However, I am really struggling with feeling the elevated emotions during mediation. 

I am doing the Blessing of the Energy Centres mediation since the progressive workshop but am not new to meditating.

I think there might be a really deep block within me that says joy and happiness is not possible for me/ I am different to everyone else. I really want to overcome this block.

If anyone has struggled in a similar way and managed to overcome the challenge of initially not being able to feel elevated emotions , please do share your journey and tips.

I would also love to hear specific stories of manifestations relating to love/relationships/career.

Thank you so much

Sending with love
L
xx

Offline superbunny

Re: Struggling with elevated emotions
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 04:48:48 AM »
abraham hicks' advise is to think of things that make you happy (like kittens, babies, funny or special moments in your life, etc it's different for everyone)

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 04:50:48 AM »
I share this list a lot, it is every elevated emotion Dr Joe has said or written that I have come across, plus a few of my own at the end. I actually saw the word “flawless” in meditation at my advanced retreat, when we were focusing on our ultimate selves, I saw it being typed out on a computer screen.

I look this over when I have difficulty feeling good about myself and choose three before sitting down.

Remember, Dr Joe says WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL THAT YOU THINK THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE DONT APPLY TO YOU?

He wants you to know that the voice telling you you are not worthy is not to be listened to, meditate on getting rid of that feeling, root it out of your lower three energy centers and lift up to your heart center, from there it will be processed right on up and out of you.

ELEVATED EMOTIONS

Love
Compassion
Gratitude
Joy
Unity
Acceptance
Selflessness
Thankfulness
Inspiration
Freedom
Kindness
Giving
Nurturing
Caring
Service
Help
Forgive
Patience
Unlimited
Magnificently
Divine
Worthy
Beloved
Benevolence
Joy for Existence
Freedom of Expression
Blessed
Nobility
Honor
Strength
Courage
Love of life
Vitality
Abundance
Affluence
Passionate
Knowingness
Trust in the unknown
Clarity
Coherent mind and heart
Presence
In the moment
Transformation
Overcoming self imposed limitations
Surrender
Give your creation to a greater mind
Mind of the Healer
Giving life to life
Miraculous
Do the uncommon
Mind of the Mystic
Live in awe
Mystified by all of Life
Adventure
Expect the unexpected
Embrace the Unkown
Wholeness
Worthy of receiving
Grace
Effortless elegance
Appreciation
Give thanks before it is manifested
Greatest expression of yourself
Unlimited
Divine
Joy for Existence
Love who you are and all of life
Trust in your future
Liberated
Invincibility
Uncompromising Will
All of my needs are met
Empowered by an Idea
See your Future Without Obstacles
Limitless Energy
Moved by the Spirit
Passion
In Love with Life
Adored
Flawless
Relief
Weight lifted from my shoulders
Carefree
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline Ceci

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 07:58:59 AM »
Hello Las,

Like you I am not new to meditations. I have been meditation for 15 years, Vipassana and now Zen. However, I am new to Joe's meditations. I am also figuring out what he means by feeling an elevated emotion and blessing the centers with those emotions. Then, Walk on Beauty's reply to you added another layer of curiosity by adding all that list of emotions. Specifically, in the BOC do i need to feel many more emotions than love? isn't Love heals all? as Joe's says many times.

However, my point is this... having meditating for many years i know that we never know when the breakthrough will happen. Usually, is when we relax into the flow of doing the meditation daily without thinking specific outcomes or worry to much about performance. I believe the real blessing is to be able to do it and let go.

Sincerely,
Andrea

Offline Walk in Beauty

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
For me I need to keep finding new ways to connect. If Love does the trick for you by all means use it!

For me If I am not feeling feeling love I have all of these other elevated emotions that more perfectly tune in to my energy and I do better projecting one of those.
Walk in Beauty 💫

Offline LAS

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 10:40:10 AM »
Thank you for your replies everyone and the amazing long list of emotions too, Walk in Beauty.

If anyone has some specifics on overcoming the same struggles in reaching these emotions in order to achieve healing or other manifestations and their journey getting there, I would love to hear about them.

I see there is also another thread on this topic from earlier, so I will read up on that too.

Love
L
X

Offline Neuronaut

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
Thank you for your replies everyone and the amazing long list of emotions too, Walk in Beauty.

If anyone has some specifics on overcoming the same struggles in reaching these emotions in order to achieve healing or other manifestations and their journey getting there, I would love to hear about them.

I see there is also another thread on this topic from earlier, so I will read up on that too.

Love
L
X

Hi LAS

That might have been my thread that I posted a while ago.

I too still struggle with elevating my emotions. They just feel somewhat, I don’t know, dulled or something. I certainly wouldn’t call them elevated. I just feel that I won’t be doing the work effectively without the elevated emotions but I just can’t seem to feel happy or grateful enough. I mean, I can feel gratitude but it’s just not that heightened. Just wish I could produce tears of joy on demand but I just haven’t been able to do it so far. Maybe it’s because I’m English and too reserved! Ha ha

Offline freefallup

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
Compassion and giving opens my heart the fastest and strongest. Project Coherence meditation kind of space  - sending love to Earth and everyone. Instantly lights me up. Not sure why.

Offline Cazmac77

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 03:20:51 PM »

Love
L
X

Hi, i was at Edinburgh Workshop too and like you i struggled to find an elevated emotion and feel or open my heart. I have two grown kids and couldn't even find the unconditional love inside me to use that week-end.  I've always wanted a puppy and used this feeling initially of what it would feel like (very faint feeling not exactly elevated!). However when Joe showed the various clips of those videos prior to demonstrating the breath meditation, the one with the guy determined to run the marathon who had sick daughter, then the other guy talk about how we walk about asleep for like 38 years! all those videos really hit home for me emotionally and made my heart swell up so I used this feeling in my meditations thereafter.  I have carried shame and guilt around me for years being brought up in an alcholic and dysfunctional family. When using the breath technique I used all my physical strength to squeeze in all the lower muscles and used my mental determination to get all those emotions and beliefs out of me once and for good, as I made my mind up i no longer wanted to carry on thinking and feeling the way I had been for years as it was making me ill and unhappy, making my mind up, physically and mentally putting that intention into this breath helped me get it out as I ended up with tears rolling down my eyes which was unexpected and I guess this was the shame and guilt leaving my body.  I haven't felt it return since, but have continued to meditate daily since the workshop.  I did have a couple of blips few days after the workshop as went back to my old programme reacting as i used to but i became aware and stopped myself.  You will find what works for you, I'd definitely recommend on really wanting to remove those limited emotions first - good luck, love and light :)

Offline Adam

• Hello,
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 05:00:26 AM »
Hi,
Beginner here too.
What I do when Elevated emotion is not obvious to feel:
• I take GRATITUDE.
• I remember events, people, circumstances where/when I felt gratitude.
• I feel-in to the feeling.
• I combine the images of the new self while feeling that Gratitude.

Pretty sure it could work with other elevated emotions.
A.
Re-Beginner
(Right now in the Breaking The Habit Journey)
Thank you for this forum 🙏

Offline CarolineF

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 08:00:21 AM »
Hi CazMac77 and everyone  :) It seems many people have an issue of bringing up an elevated emotion and this is actually a relief to me, as it's been an issue for me too. Like many of you I have recently attended the Progressive Workshop in Edinburgh, which I absolutely loved. I recall the videos Dr. Joe played and watching them I had no problem feeling the elevated emotions, however I find my emotions are often quieter to the point of being dulled. This I feel  may come from my upbringing where it was frowned upon to express your higher emotions or it could be a form of not allowing myself to feel them because I may feel vulnerable.

I've been doing the work every morning and evening and in the beginning I found it hard as I was feeling bored and tried to put off dong the meditations but I made this comittment to myself and to my change that I hung on in there and found myself feeling excited about doing my meditation. I hope in time I will reach those elevated emotions a bit easier and for now I am enjoying the journey and its good to be connected to you all here. Much thanks to you beautiful Geniuses  :-*

Offline Adam

• Hello,
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 11:31:00 AM »
Hi CarolineF

I'll tell you what I've been told
(I'm still quite a beginner with 2 mmonths of Breaking the Habit Practice)
Be patient and trust the process.
Easy to say, may be hard to hear, but... somehow true.

And something I've learnt from physical sport training, I bring to Dr. Joe's practice:
In the beginning it's not the amplitude that counts, but the direction taken.

Which means feeling a bit good, grateful etc. Is ALWAYS better than nothing.
HAve a good journey.
A.
Re-Beginner
(Right now in the Breaking The Habit Journey)
Thank you for this forum 🙏